Sunday, January 27, 2013

January

Well January has breezed by and February starts this week!
In January Ky and I really wanted to go snowboarding before his school started. So here is Kacen helping me get my gear ready, he loved wearing my helmet and goggles it was so cute. The bad news was that we never made it boarding :( The day we were to go I got way sick and was down for 2+ weeks. But we are all better now, well except Andie's tiny cough and congestion, but it does nothing to her temperament or sleeping, that's a blessing.
Probably the funnest thing we did this month was go to the PA Farm Show, with our friends Derek and Christie.
Here is Kace afraid of the donkey, he was so scared of all the animals it was weird.
 Thinking about touching the donkey but he never did.
 Watching the log pulling demo.
 Watching some horse drill teaming, Ky Ky silly made a face on purpose.
 But he decided to cooperate for this one.
 Drooling baby

Our smiley Andie Bean is such a doll, and we just love her to pieces.
 Kacen has started to be friends with her and that is so much fun.
 Andie and her daddy guy. She just adores her dad, and lights up when he walks into the room and talks at him until he picks her up.
 She is just getting so big! Six month post with milestones later this week.
 And Kacer-roo turns 3 on Sunday! Can you believe it? he is so big and so fun and just such a sweet boy. We have been having so many really really good days with him, it has been over 4 or 5 days since I have had to put him in time out. And he has really started to be more independent, even having a regular chore that he doesn't mind helping with (taking his plate from the table to the kitchen and unloading the clean silverware from the dishwasher).

 Kace loves the snow, whenever he sees anything that has snow, Santa, reindeer or pine trees on it he says, "Christmas." Well not so clearly but I get the gist. Friday he has a speech evaluation so hopefully we can get some tools to help progress his speech. 

He went out in the snow yesterday and loved picking up handfuls and running to his Nana while she shoveled the walk and spanking them on her bum.  He would laugh and laugh and then run to get more snow.
Kyle is so busy with school, he has a major heavy load this semester but we know he can do it!
I have a fun project I am working on for the next couple of weeks...I will be catering a wedding reception. It is sort of lower key, appetizers and deserts. But without an industrial kitchen to work in it takes a lot of planning ahead and organizing to make sure I am using my time and resources effectively. So wish me luck, this is my first gig and I so badly just want everything to turn out amazing.

Hopefully I will have more pictures and stories to report now that we are back to full health.
Oh and last week I read, the Good Earth, if you want a good read, pick it up.

1 comment:

  1. I love the farm show! I've seriously been under a rock being so busy with school and haven't looked at a single blog in months... =( But wow Kacen is growing up and Andie is adorable! Glad you're feeling better. =)

    ReplyDelete