Sunday, February 16, 2014

January 2014

January!
The start of a new and busy year.
To start us off, Kacer-roo. We just love this kid, I will post his birthday post soon and go on and on about all his accomplishments because there are so many. His growth and progress during 2013 was amazing. We love this kid so much.
 
Pennsylvania has a huge Farm Show Expo every year. So we took the kids down for that. I guess we didn't take any pictures of them with the actual animals, haha. But here they are enjoying the other festivities.
That, my friends, is a giant butter sculpture. Cool right?
 
 Free Turkey Hill Ice Cream! That was Kacen's favorite part.
 Andie freezing while eating ice cream.
Kids playing in the corn box. These are a huge children's attraction in PA too. 
 Oh our sweet little angle. haha. We love her!
 Ky likes using this function on the camera. It is pretty cool. Kacen and I like to "play a round of zombies," as he says. Plants vs. Zombies fans here.
 The kids getting caught red-handed eating candy off the gingerbread houses.
They don't do too much together but they make good partners in crime. 
They were so funny when they got caught too. 
 We took Aunt Maddi to the airport in Baltimore, to send her back to Utah after Christmas break.
Kacen loved the airport and was so sad when he realized he didn't get to go on the plane too. But he was a great helper with the luggage.
 It was so fun to see Aunt Mad again. This girl sure loves her nieces and nephew. She is such a great sister-in-law and we have a great time together. She is always up for a great dance party, which are near daily frequencies around here. I can't wait to see what her grown-up life has in store for her, we all know she will do great things. 
 Dude right after this Andie biffed it at the end of the escalator and cut up her mouth, it was so bad, I felt horrible.

The drive home from Baltimore was crazy snowy. 
We pulled into the driveway around 11:00 p.m. and when I saw all the snow I told Ky I was going out for a night time ski sesh. He laughed and thought I was joking but we totally put the kids in bed and headed out to back yard for a little skiing. 
Sometimes I wonder where is that girl that Kyle met 8 years ago, well I am right here baby! I still have a midnight adventure bug in me every now and then.
 
 Just some snuggle time. Andie is such a snuggle bunny, she loves being held and cuddled and sitting in your lap. This girl sure keeps me on my toes getting into everything but she also pays out well in kisses, hugs, snuggles and giggles. We love our Andie Bear. She has taken to saying/screaming daddy all of the time. When she sees him, when she comes into a room and is looking for him, when she is crying in her crib and wants out, it is adorable.
 My blue-eyed big boy.
Playing dress up on an afternoon with the kiddos. Ky and I were bored so we decided to make some felt masks in adult sizes too. My owl was ok but Ky's Lorax went a little awry, haha A+ for effort, he is super creative and did it all on his own. It was just a little too wide, and the mustache was a little more sharp than the flowy/billowy one on the cartoon.
 We did a little more skiing too.

 See, Andie up to her toddle tactics, getting into markers, pens, pencils, dog food, water, the toilet, oh pretty much anything and everything you don't really want kids to do she does daily. Busy busy bee.
 I made a baby shower cake for a friends shower. My SIL Amy helped me out with the cute bow and balloon, and other finishing details. 

 We also threw Amy a tea part birthday party. And by we and mean she and I, haha. It was super fun and really cute. Man we had the best tea, fig rose, thanks Jen! So yummy. The kids, especially her girls loved it. What a great mom to make your party just what your kids want.

 I love this Lady so much. She is so gentle with the kids. She is crafty and creative and fun to be with. We love to just sit and shoot the breeze and cook and clean together. It isn't always easy living in one house with three families but she makes it more enjoyable and I am sure grateful for this time together. She is a great example to me and I love her so much.
 In March I get to welcome another SIL into my family. Miss Kendal is marrying my BIL Ian. My MIL, Valarie, Amy and I threw her a bridal shower. It was a lot of fun making the decorations and games. We made tissue paper tassels and flowers. Because Kendal is a theater major we played wedding charades.
The bride to be! She was such a fun sport and had a great time.
 
 She wasn't even embarrassed by the gifts, though our friend Mary probably one of the most "out there" people you will ever meet, totally was, it was hilarious
 Andie loves her Uncle Chad. This guy is a great guy too. We are so lucky to have him around. He is always so willing to help out around the house with repairs, and he loves to play with the kids, especially outside in the snow! The kids have loved having him around this winter. Like I said, it's not always easy living with so many people but when the people are good people you are living with, it makes it much easier to bare the burdens. We sure do love Aunt Amy and Uncle Chad. And especially our cousins, Lily and Ellie who love to play "mom," and play with our kids, every day is a play date around here.
 Andie loves shoes! Here she is doing one of her favorite things, sneaking into her cousins closet to get into their "big girl" treasures. She know this is a big no no but that is pretty much all she wants to do everyday.
Our January was busy with lots of parties. But mostly just a lot of the day to day stuff. 
I will try to get Kacen's birthday post out soon, but no promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment